How To Create A Website On WordPress And Make Money In Many Ways From It. I am sure you are familiar with WordPress and if not, a simple Google Search will reveal the information that you need about it or you could follow me along the way as I try to uncover the many ways you can benefit from a WordPress Website.
When you hear the word Website or a Blog, They are more than likely associated to WordPress. Why? because the majority of Online Marketers these days are using WordPress. So what is the difference between a blog and a website? Nothing significant really. They are pretty much the same in a sense and the only distinction I can think of is that a Website is more like static pages that are not frequently updated while a Blog is constantly being updated and displayed in a reverse chronological order meaning your new posts comes first from newest to oldest.
So What Is A WordPress Website Exactly?
Table of Contents
- Here Is A Simple Way On How To Create A Website On WordPress
- How Much Does It Cost To Build A WordPress Website?
- Can You Really Make Money From A WordPress Website?
- My Final Thoughts And What I Really Think
WordPress in itself is a type of content management system that you can use to build your website. But in order for it to function, you would need to have it installed on a web server which means it involves paying a fee to have it maintained. Have you visited a website lately and got mesmerized by how beautiful the layout is or how complicated it is? That is because of WordPress being an open-source where developers can all come together to create a common grounds and standards.
WordPress happens to be the platform that is widely use and you can beautify it with different plugins and themes created by developers of all levels. It is constantly growing and there is no stopping its progress. It will only get better and better.
Here Is A Simple Way On How To Create A Website On WordPress
The first thing you need is not to learn the coding skills, it is a plus if you know it but don’t waste your time on those, you are going to learn it when you need it but right now you don’t. What you need really is to find a reliable Website Hosting Provider that offers a very simple way to build a website with just clicking of buttons.
I have heard BlueHost is a good provider but I haven’t tried them. You can just as easily search in YouTube to find tutorials and guides regarding BlueHost but then again I haven’t tried them. If you are like me, I like the simplicity of things and If I can use it without a problem, I hope to share it with you to see if it is something you can try as well. What I am using is called SiteRubix Platform powered by Wealthy Affiliate.
Why did I choose them is because I simply click buttons to build a website. Don’t get too excited now because I can tell you that building a website easily is not the same as making it thrive and successful. There are many components of it that can not be covered in this article alone. Having the right platform where you can do most of the things to build your online business is the key.
Try this website builder and see how easy it is to set up with just clicking of buttons and not a whole lot of mumbo jumbos.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A WordPress Website?
The WordPress software itself is free but you would need a Web Hosting provider to store your files to become accessible in the online world.
A simple breakdown of the cost you will have is about $15 a year for a domain name and about another $50 per month for Web Hosting depending upon which one you choose. There are cheaper Web Hosting Providers and there are also others that charge upwards of $100 per month and even more…
Can You Really Make Money From A WordPress Website?
The simple answer is yes but then the complexity of it is that it requires a consistent dedication to make it work. When you are building a website, it is easy enough to do it but making it profitable and thrive is another thing. The answer on How To Create A Website On WordPress is just a matter of choosing the best Website Builder integrated within your website hosting provider but I am guessing you also want your website to thrive and succeed online? If so, I would really recommend learning as much as you can and as efficient as you can possibly be.
Here is a review of the Wealthy Affiliate Platform to see if it is the right platform for you.
There are 3 choices here: You could go with BlueHost which is the cheapest as low as $7.99 per month and they also have a website builder for WordPress or you could be with WP Engine which can get very expensive up to $290 per month and they do have a website builder as well. Neither of those I have tried yet and what I am about to recommend to you is the one I am using which is SiteRubix Platform powered by Wealthy Affiliate as I have stated above.
The upside to it is that you can get 2 free websites that you can play around first to get a handle on how things are going to be and this will help you determine if they are fit for your online venture. Not only that, you also have access to the entire business building platform to learn as much as you can and as efficient as you can possibly be.
In this article, we will explore the many ways you can make money online on your website.
It’s been said over and over again that this is by far the most widely use and businesses are in constant need for Affiliate Marketers like you and I so that they can expand their reach online and acquire more customers. The basics of Affiliate Marketing is simple, you just have to find a product that you can recommend and an audience that are willing to buy what you have to offer.
You can find products to promote that can range in commission anywhere from 10% to as high as 75%. There are individual Affiliate Programs from different companies and there are also what’s called Affiliate Networks.
- CJ Affiliate by Conversant (Commission Junction) – This is another great resource where you can find products and services that you can promote.
- ClickBank – This is a global internet retailer mainly geared towards digital products that can range in commission as high as 75%. Not all their products though are highly rated so make sure to carefully do your selection of what you are going to be promoting.
- Amazon Associates – This one right here does not need no introduction as I am sure you are aware of it and it is the global giant online retailer where you can have a selection of over 500 million products you can choose to promote. The percentage commission is up to 10% which is not much in comparison to others but don’t be discourage because the idea is for you to drive the visitors to their website and you will be surprise to know that people really spend money online in all kinds of things and your commission can add up pretty quickly.
- Share A Sale – This is more towards promoting tangible products in many different categories such as Automotive, Clothings, Accessories and so much more…
- Avangate Affiliate Network – Choose from a list of over 22,000 software products and digital goods that you can promote. Examples of these are the types of products such as antivirus softwares or SaaS(Software As A Service).
Sell Advertising Space
When you have a website, there is a lot of ways you can monetize and one of the effective ways to do so is to sell Advertising Space. Assuming that your website is popular and have a massive traffic, you can really profit extra by simply attracting advertisers.
The way that it works is that you can actually set your pricing and determine how much you want to charge. Let’s say you charge $3 CPM(Cost Per Thousand) which means in every 1,000 impressions you earn $3 so for a website pulling in a traffic of 50,000 visitors per month, you could earn $150 per month. (50,000 / 1,000 = 50 x $3 = $150).
You can find more information in websites such as:
- Advertiise.Com – It is not a typo and the domain name really has 2 letter i. It is their unique distinction and it denotes a representation of both buyers and sellers. This is a great place to find companies you can sell your ad space.
- AdClerks.Com – UK based and one of the largest self-serve ad platforms that you can also use to find your prospective buyers for your website ad space.
- BuySellAds.Com – Just like what the domain name implies, this is a great place to buy and sell ad space. They began in year 2008 and has been leading the way in terms of connecting publishers with relevant advertisers.
- MediaVine.Com – This is a full service Ad Management and it also connects both Publishers and Advertisers. It is a great resource to learn more how you can profit from your website traffic using MediaVine.
- AdThrive.Com – I like the sound of this domain name. Anything that says “thrive” is a good thing and here you can utilize their platform to see if you can benefit from your website traffic. They do have a minimum requirement of at least 100,000 monthly pageviews in order for you to get accepted and be able to use their services.
Pay Per Click Advertising
I guess this is fairly similar to selling advertising space but differs in how you monetize. The most popular one for this is the Google Adsense where you can earn anywhere from $0.25 to as high as $7 per click.
You can really make a decent amount of money but it is also important to note that you need to have a good amount of traffic each month in order to profit with Google Adsense. However, I have seen a lot of successful online marketers who does not use Adsense on their websites. Why? Because they appear to have other ways to monetize their respective customers and the majority of them do it with Affiliate Marketing or have their own products that they are selling.
The other alternatives to Google Adsense are as follows:
- InfoLinks.Com – Have you ever visited a website and when you hover on a certain word, it gives you a pop up description? That is one of the info links in action and once you click on that, the website owner will earn a revenue. This is a great resource for advertising if you want to maximize the way you monetize your website. One thing very important is don’t over do it because it might annoy your website visitors and hurt your site traffic overall.
- Media.Net – This is a good alternative to Google Adsense and they handle ads for Yahoo, Bing and other similar advertisers. In the world of advertising, the ones that can capture the attention wins? There is what they call a “Contextual Ads” and my understanding is that this is a way to capture that very exact moment when a reader is receptive to clicking the ads while reading the content.
Create And Sell Your Own Digital Products
Your website is a centralize communication with your visitors and there’s really a lot you can do. One of the ways you can make money from it is by creating and selling your own digital products. But of course this is easier said that done. It requires a lot of hard work and dedication.
Some of the digital products you can create are:
- Audio Courses or PodCast
- Logos, Infographics, Web Elements and more…
- Info Products such as Guides, Tutorials, Tips, and More…
Create A Donation Page
This may sound like something not exactly your “cup of tea” but you can create a donation page and if you have a good vibe or have a strong rapport with your audience. This is not going to get you rich but for sure it will add to the ways you can make money online with your website.
There are websites such as GoFundMe.Com where you can create your very own fund raising campaign and create your captivating story. Adding your own donation page in your own website is as simple as just choosing a WordPress Plugin or creating a button that will link up to your PayPal Account but then again there’s a lot of ways to do it.
Here’s a video overview on how to do it on your own:
Generate Leads For Other Companies And Get Paid
This is a way for you to get paid by directing potential customers for other Companies. Businesses are always in need to expand their reach online and one of the ways they do it is by giving incentives to you when you are able to acquire or initiate a consumer interest that will eventually lead to customers willing to buy the products and services of a certain company.
Your job is basically a match maker in a sense that you are bridging the gap between customers and companies. When they align properly, you get paid, if they don’t you still get paid. Why? because you have already provided a potential customer and this is what you are being paid for.
There is a big difference between Lead Generation and Affiliate Marketing. You get paid for both but in Affiliate Marketing, you only get commission when the customer ended up making a purchase while in Lead Generation, you get paid even though the customer did not make a purchase.
You can find more information in the following websites:
- Zoho.Com – This is a marketing automation that you can use to generate leads, convert them into customers and also retain them longer which means that you can market to them over and over again provided that they are interested in what products and services you have to offer.
- MaxBounty.Com – A world leading performance-based network that connects both advertisers and affiliates. You can promote high converting campaigns through your blog or social media accounts.
- Marketo.Com – Another great marketing automation that you can use for your Lead Generation and other Online Marketing Purposes.
- PeerFly.Com – This is an Affiliate Ad Network that you can use to earn money online cost per action Lead Generation.
- GlobalWideMedia.Com – Connects Advertisers with high performing audiences and potential customers.
Buy And Sell Websites
This is a profitable way to make money online if done right but then again it is not that easy as well. You got to first learn the foundation of building a website and when it becomes ready to monetize, you would either continue to make it profitable of sell it for quick money.
There are successful online marketers that makes a lot of money flipping websites.
My Final Thoughts And What I Really Think
The question of How To Create A Website On WordPress is fairly easy to answer and it is just a matter of choosing the right Website Builder that you are comfortable using. You do not need to learn any coding skills, you just have to focus in building quality content. Making money from it is really something to think about because the potential is huge if you manage to become successful in your endeavor.
I am sure there are a lot more ways to make money online with your website and mainly what people are doing is Affiliate Marketing which has the least barriers to entry and you do not have to worry about a lot of things to get started and get going.
And as always, Your Feedback is Valuable so if you have any questions, comments and/or experience related to this article, please share them in the comments section below.
I Wish You Success in Your Online Venture,