How to make money on a blog is a hot topic online and when you browse around you will see a lot of websites providing guides, resources, tutorials and so on to achieve it. Most people blog just about anything from how to groom their dogs to how to dress their cats and anything in between. The interest of people doing this online is mainly to earn money but not just the money but also the freedom it provides to work anywhere, any place and anytime once you get your blog rolling.
Most people brand themselves online as experts promising to provide you blueprint to success in terms of blogging and they sell you stuff like How To Guides, Blogging Secret Tips & Techniques, Step by Step Guides and so on but if we think about it, all there is to blogging is writing articles that matters. By that I mean articles that can help people, intrigue people and inspire people. You don’t need to be an expert writer to blog, you only need to just simply speak your mind like having a meaningful conversation with someone.
Anyone can be successful blogging but if your intention is to make money from it then it is best to have a plan that works. The best way to do it is first think of your audience and brainstorm ideas and topics on how to provide helpful information to them. You don’t want to just blog and be among the millions of post and pages in Google’s search results but rather you want to stand out in your own niche that you can dominate and be on the first page results of Google by creating compelling articles that people can benefit from.
Does Blogging Really Make Money?
Table of Contents
- Does Blogging Really Make Money?
- #1. Smart Passive Income
- Let’s see how he is making money and find out if one of those is related to Affiliate Marketing.
- #2. Pro Blogger
- Here is a list of what I think how he makes money through a lot of different ways:
- Let’s find out how he makes money online and perhaps learn from him on how to be successful.
- #4. Entrepreneurs Journey
- Let me try to list the ways he makes money through his blog presence.
- #5. Gary Vaynerchuk
- What Can We Learn About Them On How To Be Successful?
This is a question I ask myself all the time and somehow even though a lot of people are doing it already and some are very successful, there are many others that are struggling to even start how to do it. In this post I will list a few of the key bloggers and personality online that I believe are successful so that we can learn from them and see what they have been doing to make money through their blogs.
I define blogs as any website online that engage in viewer interaction and I almost certainly can tell you that most blogs that wants to earn money have some sort of Affiliate Marketing in them of which they promote products and services. This is just one way to earn money and it is also the most widely use technique popularized back in the early days by Amazon.com that sells millions of products online ranging anything from Active Footwear to Zoology books. If you notice their logo there is an arrow pointing from A to Z implying they carry a lot of products. My list is not in any particular order.
The owner of the website is Pat Flynn and he started off back in 2008 and have grown his brand into one of the many successful online entrepreneurs you see today. I stumbled upon his website when I was searching for ways of passive income online and I don’t even remember when. It is easy to get sidetracked and you can end up reading hours of good information in his website. There’s a lot of good stuff that he offers and he is a brand of his own rights. He also published a book called “Will It Fly?”
If you look at this guy’s earnings, he makes 6 figures a month! The average income for a working class person is about 50-60 thousand a year. This makes me want to quit my job and just go Online Marketing Full Time but on a second thought no I love my job and will stick around long enough to retire. You may have notice that not a lot of people will publish income online like this guy. He is actually one of the few if not the one who popularized the publishing of income reports and you go thinking how is this person able to achieve that level of success? Well I supposed the key is hard work and persistence coupled with dedication and your drive for success.
- Sure enough it is. He is promoting BlueHost as the hosting provider, LeadPages for creating landing pages for his business, StudioPress Theme for WordPress, ConvertKit for email list building and a lot more. Take notes though, these are products that he himself use to grow his business.
- The other things are his niche websites such as FoodTruckr.Com, Create A Clickable Map, SecurityGuardTrainingHQ.Com and GreenExamAcademy.Com websites. Who knows he might have a lot more up his sleeves and he is not just showing it.
- He already created a brand of himself so anything he does will surely result in profits. He is podcasting to his audience and has a TV episode called SPI TV. It takes time though to achieve this level of success and at some point in time this guy started out somewhere and now he is everywhere!
- Not a lot of people can talk in front of an audience and this guy does it with ease and hence he makes money speaking at events but not only he makes money doing it, he is exposing himself more into branding himself and it helps a lot in his business to be a well-known figure.
- The main thing how this person makes his money is through affiliate sales through the products and services he is affiliated with coupled with his own creation of ingenious products such as his podcast, books, ebooks and more…
Owned by Darren Rowse a renowned blogger who started off since 2002 and have become an authority in his own respects. He is one of the few that have gained popularity by providing great content in the areas of Starting a blog, How to make money blogging, How to find readers and How to be productive to get things done just to name a few.
He is called a Pro for a reason not only because he has been doing this for a very long time but also because you can really learn a lot from this guy. He has tips, techniques and tutorials all over the place. He also has a job board which I find superb because employers can post job openings and job seekers can find jobs in his website. He is utilizing his website popularity which enables him to do this and then he gets paid in the process. He used to be a part-time minister back in the days.
If you look at his Wikipedia Page it shows that he earns some $20,000 a month from ad revenues alone. This is probably mainly on his site Digital-Photography-School.Com because the other site ProBlogger.com seems to be very clean and I haven’t spotted a single ad which makes him even more a Pro.
Here is a list of what I think how he makes money through a lot of different ways:
- Affiliate Marketing is by far the most common one which he features tools and resources that helps bloggers accomplish more.
- He created high quality eBooks featuring how tos, tips and techniques, guides and tutorials about blogging.
- One of the successful ways he earns money is through speaking, he is a prominent speaker and he along with his staff members, organize events called ProBlogger Event of which you can learn a lot by attending in person or paying to have virtual access to it.
- His Podcast is also a great way to learn about blogging and he earns a lot of money from it.
Dubbed as the Virtual CEO, Chris Ducker is one of the prominent people online who specializes in marketing how to automate a business by finding virtual assistants to help you on your online venture. I like the idea that he is not only making a lot of money but also he is helping other people find a job through his virtual staff finder website. He is in the outsourcing business which is in demand nowadays to free up time for business owners specially in the online world.
I never thought that a job title “Virtual CEO” exist and this guy made it a reality. He worked very hard to achieve that goal and his journey began when he realized that his business is taking over most of his time that he got to thinking he needed to delegate the unnecessary work to others so he can focus on other things that matters. By this idea, he founded the Virtual Staff Finder that not only is geared towards providing flexibility to business owners to free up their time by hiring Staff Assistants, he is also helping a lot of qualified people find a reliable job.
Let’s find out how he makes money online and perhaps learn from him on how to be successful.
- His main money maker is the business Virtual Staff Finder business he founded. He fundamentally created an idea of matching business owners looking for staff assistants and vice versa where people well qualified looking for a job can leverage the use of internet to find reliable stable jobs being business owner’s assistants.
- He is an author of a best-seller book called “Virtual Freedom” where he outlined the benefit of delegating work to become more productive and it is available in amazon.com
- He has a “Member Only” access to resources geared towards bloggers, podcasters, consultants and more providing tools and valuable information. The website url is www.youpreneur.com
- Podcasting is one of the key ingredients to having an online presence but I am not sure how he makes money from it because it seems to be free to listen to on his website.
- Speaking is easy but doing it in public and getting use to it is a talent that Chris Ducker also possess and he is an entertaining and knowledgable speaker that you can hire on your event.
- The list is not complete without a mix of Affiliate Marketing and if we visit his website, we will find valuable resources that he recommends such as his list or resources.
Yaro Starak is the guy behind Entrepreneurs-Journey.com which is now called Yaro.Blog and he has been in the business of making money online for a long time. I am not certain why he changed his domain name but perhaps it is more suited to what he is trying to brand himself to be plus it is easier to remember Yaro.Blog I guess. He has helped a lot of people find success online through his coaching and he really delivers great information that resulted in many others who are now making at the very least full time income.
I enjoy reading his blog and his style of writing is something we can learn a lot. One of the keys to a profitable business is earning the trust of your readers and he definitely embodies the quality of his work and have gained tremendous respect throughout the online community. He has several ebooks and there is one called “The Blog Profits Blueprint” where he gives you an overview of how blogs make money through different ways such as building an email list, creating courses, membership site and more… I particularly like the way he outlined his blog sales funnel of which he described it as the “Blog” goes on top which means you can already make money through various ways such as affiliate marketing, then it goes the email list – Front End Product – Front End Subscription – Flagship Course – Membership Site – Live Event and finally Private Coaching. The deeper it goes, the more expensive it can get but the key ingredient here is whenever you make a bold claim you must deliver the equivalent quality of what your audience is paying for.
One example is his course called “Blog Mastermind” of which he charge a one time hefty price of $1,497 and if you get the full spectrum, it will cost you $1,994 and that will include his “Laptop Lifestyle Academy”. There is nothing wrong with high tickets like this especially from a guy who has been there and has helped many people become free from their day jobs.
Let me try to list the ways he makes money through his blog presence.
- The one thing I always look for is Affiliate Marketing which is something I am interested in and when you head over to his website you would see he is promoting Bluehost as the hosting provider and Aweber as the email service which he also use. This is not even the fraction of how he makes money though. It is just some additional entry.
- It looks like he has a “Blog Set Up Services” that he along with his business partner Kerry have created offering to set up yours for a price of $99. This is a fantastic idea helping to create a blog using WordPress but I have to say I would rather create my own blog and learn from my mistakes along the way.
- One of his Flagship Courses is the “Blog Mastermind” that he charge anywhere from $299 a month to a one time payment of $1,994. This right here my friends is for people who are ready to make money and lose money if not done properly. I have nothing but respect for Yaro Starak and one of these days I might join his courses to learn the ins and outs of how he did it.
- He also created another valuable resources for a fee called “Yaro’s Exclusive Interviews Club” where he interviewed many successful bloggers and when you join in you will benefit from gathering motivational stories from the likes of Tim Ferriss – Author of the 4 Hour Work Week, Brian Clark from CopyBlogger.Com and Neil Patel -Founder of KISSmetrics.
- He also makes money by selling ebooks he created such as “Master Your Mindset”, “How To Buy And Sell Blogs” and “Blog Traffic For Beginners”
- This guy is a genius simply because he can come up with all different ways to monetize and he makes money mainly by creating his own products and services. Another great example is his short courses “Blog Money Finder” and “Power Podcasting”.
- Yaro also has his main income generating source called “Laptop Lifestyle Academy” where he teaches people how to be a successful entrepreneur.
- The most expensive deal he ever created as a source of income is his “One on One Private Coaching” where he charge a massive amount of $997 for an hour of one on one skype call! That is insane! Nonetheless, he must deliver what the price is worth for a coaching otherwise he would not have continued on as popular as he is today.
I am not sure if I spelled his name correctly, maybe I did. This guy is a unique individual, bestselling author and have been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and many others. I visited his website and at first glance, you would see a clean interface much like nothing is going on in there but if you dig dipper you will find that he is a true testament of “Multiple Streams of Income”. There’s not a whole lot to say about this guy that you haven’t already knew or heard. He is a prominent figure in the online world and have been featured as a keynote speaker to so many events relating to entrepreneurship.
I am not even going to try to list how he makes his money because there are so many ways he does it. He owns Vayner Media – a full-service digital agency helping businesses with modern video production and marketing. He owns garyveeshop.com and he is an angel investor to companies such as Uber, Snapchat, Tumblr and more…
What Can We Learn About Them On How To Be Successful?
There is a lot to learn from how they got started, how they progress and how they have maintained their online presence. Sometimes you got to thinking, I will never be successful like them. That maybe true because you are not them but you will be able to learn from them to create your own success in your own terms and with your own goal. I always keep in mind when I see successful people that they have started from somewhere. No one became successful overnight, it is a continuous process much like learning is a lifelong process.
No one is an all expert and there is always room for growth. Success can be define as the goal you attained or it can also be measured by the obstacles you overcome. If you won the lottery, that would be a different story and you won’t be worrying about success anymore but rather you would be worrying about how to spend your money.
And as always, Your Feedback is Valuable so if you have any questions, comments and/or experience related to this article ,please share them in the comments section below
I Wish You Success in Your Online Venture,